Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quick John Carter Review


At least a half hour too long, wildly uneven pacing and a nonsense plot do little to get in the way of a pulpy good time. It worked much better when concentrating on the action and humour rather than emotion or plot (though I would have been happier with toning down the jumping just a bit). Saw it with an eight year old who was a bit bored by it all, which probably says more about the film than any thousand words I could write.

Personally, as a Burrough fan, I was pretty pleased with my visit to Barsoom.

1 comment:

  1. Despite occasional moments of silliness, the old-fashioned sense of adventure and brilliantly rendered aliens elevate this above other derivative big-budget sci-fi fare. I still wished that Kitsch did a lot better in this lead role but he was only there for eye-candy really. Good review. What also stinks is that this flick probably won’t make back any of its 250 million dollar budget. Give my review a look when you can.

    ReplyDelete