Monday, March 12, 2012

The Invasion of Cobra Island

Though I'm a Canuck down to my maple flavoured heart, there was a period as a kid when my favourite show/comic/toys was Larry Hama era GI:Joe. The toys are long since sold and try as I might, I haven't been able to rekindle much nostalgia for the cartoon on Teletoon Retro. However, I still have all my old comics and I gotta admit, this video gets me right in the geek-spot.

A few years ago, a buddy tried running a Transformers campaign (using the Mechamorphosis rules) which ended in disaster. I played 9-Iron, a golf-cart warrior who was part of a team that had first been activated in the 1950s and quickly disolved into us hunting for Commie sympathizers in the Autobot ranks and ended with Optimus and a few others forcibly shutting us down. One of the few times I've ever seen a GM almost cry in fustration.

Anyway, the experience forever spoiled me on running a similar game, but I wonder if there was ever a proper GI:Joe rpg? That I'd love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment